Monday, April 19, 2010

Waterford Festival of Food

The festival of food! What a great weekend. It started on Friday night when we went to the barbecue at Lawlor's Hotel. It was so delicious, and so much fun! They were cooking chicken, lamb, hamburgers, and even rabbit! They also had a chocolate fountain with fruit kebabs. After dinner they had a jazz and come out and play for people to dance. They were really good, and there were a lot of really good swing dancers at the dinner too!
On Sunday they held the Farmer's Market in the town square, I couldn't believe how many people there were! The square was packed with families, vendors, pets and lots of delicious looking food. Many restaurants came out with small booths, while many of the usual vendors from the Thursday Farmer's Market were there too! There was a tent that had some people who were selling hand crafted jewelery, and some homemade soaps too! There was live music playing, and a really big hog on a spit in the middle of the square! Everything smelled and looked delicious, I wish I had enough money, and room in my stomach to try everything. I got a nice little burlap sack with the festival logo on it, and filled it with fresh food for the week ahead! I think I can say that we all had a great time at the festival this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment