Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! We were leaving for Paris on Easter Sunday, so I went to vigil mass with Elizabeth on Saturday evening at St. Mary's here in Dungarvan. It was a beautiful mass. It started by candle light with all the lights in the church out. All the candles that people were holding lit the entire church - and St. Mary's isn't little! It was a very nice mass, the choir sang and it wasn't terribly long like some Easter vigil masses are. After mass they passed out little Cadburry Cream Eggs! So that was a nice little Easter treat since I didn't have a very traditional Easter! But a great one at that.
Easter Sunday we headed out to Paris! Up in the morning we didn't look for Easter Eggs, but we did sing a verse of Little Peter Cotton Tail under the Eiffel Tower! It was a great Easter. The weather in Paris was gorgeous - sunshine, blue skies, clouds that seemed to drift along at their own Parisian pace. I conquered my fear of heights this year on Easter and went all the way to the top open deck of the Eiffel Tower. I figured that I had no idea when I would go to Paris next, and that I should take advantage of it. I shouldn't let my fears stop me from getting a beautiful view. And it was worth it. The view was gorgeous - it was exhilarating to stand at the top of one of the most recognized landmarks int he world and watch the sun set on one of the most beautiful cities in the world. After that we walked down the Seine River enjoying Paris at night. The lights, and the boats moving up and down the river. We arrived at Notre Dame - home of Quasimodo and Esmeralda for all you die hard Disney fans. But it was great to see it all light up at night! It was a good end to a long day of traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment