Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We're Here!


One year ago I was only dreaming that I could be studying Ireland, and now, I'm sitting at the kitchen table, in Dungarvan Ireland, blogging of all things! After a lot of traveling - cars, planes, buses - and some airport security we are finally here!
Since we've been here in Dungarvan, the weather has been nothing short of beautiful. Blue skies, sunshine and perfect weather so far, I can't complain one bit! A lot of people here have been telling us that this is unusual, but sometimes unusual isn't all that bad! The town is picturesque, sitting right on the bay and Irish Sea, with the mountains rising up in the background. Who could ask for more? Everyone here as been extremely welcoming and very kind. The hospitality that has been shown to us is above and beyond anything I've ever known. There are signs, and banners, welcome dinners and multiple tours of the town.
The past few days have been pretty surreal. I couldn't at first believe that I was actually abroad. Walking around the town and getting familiar with our new home for the next ten weeks has been the main pastime for most of us. With such great weather its nearly impossible to pass up the opportunity to take a walk and enjoy the scenery.
The history in the town is incredible and I can't wait to see more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment